Project Quilting - Season 10, Challenge 1: Hope Springs Eternal

Project Quilting - Season 10 is on!

If you've never done or heard of Project Quilting checkout this blog.
I participated last season and you can check out my entries in previous blog posts.  I am excited to participate this year!  My main goal is to use scraps rather than buying fabric or supplies.  Last year I bought something new for almost every challenge and I have plenty of stash so I should be able to use what I have.


Challenge 1: Hope Springs Eternal
28"x30"     title: driving hope into 2019



I've been listening to Dave Ramsey since the last week of 2018. I'm doing January on a budget and I would like to really try the baby steps this year.  If you need info about Dave Ramsey, go here or check him out on YouTube.

I would like to payoff my car this year. That is the inspiration for my quilt. I did some raw edge applique.

These are some inspiration pics I got from Pinterest




Here are some progress pictures


 

adding the side mirrors

Adding the background.  If I were to do it again I would have put the pink background up higher so you can see it thru the window of the car as well. 


Pin basting & doing free motion quilting on my domestic machine


The final Result:
I left the car pieces and the $ sign unquilted. Up close it adds some dimension & movement to the piece.  The loose quilting around the rest of the piece also keeps it softer than ones I've done in the past.







Comments

  1. great little quilt! And a wonderful goal for 2019 - best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw i did it! I paid off my car on Friday, September 13th.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Project quilting: season 11, challenge 1: A Binary Life

Project Quilting Season 9, Challenge 5: A Stitch in Time