Project Quilting - Season 10, Challenge 4: Pixel Play



So this was a tough week. I knew it would be difficult because of my other volunteer passion: theatre. Its tech week which is the week of rehearsals every night when all the lighting and sound mix with the actors to create the show.  Working a full time job plus rehearsals every night leaves little time for quilting.  I thought id have a reprieve on sunday night and monday day due to a fed holiday. Unfortunately due to a medical issue, i was unable to quilt sunday or monday. That left me Saturday to create the pixel play magic. After encouragement from the facebook group, i knew i could do something.

I looked on pinterest and google images all week for inspiration.  Friday i decided to do an infinity symbol. I tried first to do something with nature type patterns on the fabric. But i didnt put it together correctly.


Next i looked around and saw a baggie with long strips of a blue fabric that was meant for some other forgotten project.


 I cut it into smaller strips and placed it on my background, treating it like a grid. I pinned each piece in place and sewed them on.


Of course i get to the end and notice one piece is askew. But thats like this week. Kinda odd. So i left it and started the quilting.  I followed the flow of the infinity symbol on the outside. On the inside i did a swirl.  I didnt want the binding to stand out so i used more of the background fabric.



I call it Hobbies Are Forever
It is 15.5" x 34"
I create in Schaumburg,  Illinois.


Comments

  1. that's awesome! I love the askew piece ;) Adds an extra pop of interest! I'm glad you found time to join in ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Project quilting: season 11, challenge 1: A Binary Life

Project Quilting Season 9, Challenge 5: A Stitch in Time